My feeling towards Soaps is similar to the feeling of X-Factor. I dislike it muchly. But I'm not prejudice to people who do enjoy monotonous themes and bad acting. My Grandma is one of them. But she is just that a Grandma. I can understand my Mum watching it. I can understand that people will think the same thing about me watching Misfits, Teen Wolf or any type of film. But the good thing about those things is that they are different, and unique. They do not revamp an ancient story line and dress it up as something else.
The only problem is since one of my more stubborn housemates (TASH) loves the soaps so much and she doesn't like to watch them in her room I have to watch them too if I want to be considered social. Funny that since when the soaps are on she is THE most anti-social prick in the whole world. And because these things are happening before my very eyes I have questions to ask. I get curious. She misreads this as enjoyment. It isn't believe me. If I have to hear her say "You like it really" one more time I swear I absolutely will retire to my room whenever she puts them damn shows on the television.
She is so stubborn and selfish I can't even explain, but here is an idea of what she is like. I could be watching something on television she will come back from University and take (TAKE) the remote off me to put something else on. I once sarcastically said "it's polite to ask first" and she completely went off on one. So you see if I did say something about the soaps I might get the remote shoved down my throat. Or not since it clearly is her best friend. Either way I'd rather not risk it. So I will take deep breaths, block out the fuzz and hope the soap suds don't start running from my ears. TTFN!
Tuesday, 24 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment